Part I
I remember my first trip in Puerto Galera last February 2006. It was an unexpected trip because we were all busy and it just so happens that it came to be a spur of the moment thing. So we give it a go! A friend pick me up in front of our street and headed to kamuning station for the bus ride. We met up there at around 3:45am and it’s really cold. I was hungry that time but was afraid to eat or drink because of the long road travel. Anyway, a friend of mine brought along his girlfriend and his girlfriend brought along a friend. In short we were introduced. Aubrey. I know she was introduced to me long before this trip but I can’t recall when was the occasion. The bus left Kamuning at 4:15am. Aubrey and I were chatting along the first hour of the trip since I told her it was my first time in the Island. She told me that she’s been there for countless times. She was so accommodating telling me what can we do there. I was really enthusiastic because it’s like having a tour guide and at the same time gone for the weekend buddy. After an hour of chit chatting she told me she would take a nap while we are on our way to Batangas pier because they had a drink the night before our trip. So I just pulled out my book (Stainless Longanisa by Bob Ong) and started to read. We reached Batangas pier at around 6:30am. I was awake the time during the road trip to Batangas. I saw the darkness of the night turn to light as we go along the highway. Upon arriving we were confronted by boatmen asking where we are heading. They were offering boat rides to Mindoro Island. Well I leave them all to the experts since its my first time. We bought tickets and immediately rode the boat. We left Batangas pier at 7:00am. I was excited to see the waves as we sail. Man! Fresh smell of ocean breeze. After an hour, we arrived at White Beach Puerto Galera. Now this is were the fun starts.
Day one
Friday. As our boat dock on the shore, a middle aged woman greeted my friends girlfriend. It was about the place we are going to stay. It was like 200 meters away from the shore. The place was nice, 2 queen size beds one large sleeping mat. Cable t.v., ref., air condition, own bathroom. And of course a kitchen outside. Actually the kitchen can be shared by the other tenants but we were the only ones there. The charge P1200.00 a night. So for three days and two nights, it’s a whooping P2400.00 only. From 8 to 11 am we just unpacked our things and watched TV to get some rest. I remember we were watching 50 first dates on HBO. The only thing that stop us is the idea that we are in Puerto Galera and I’m hungry! Eric cooked lunch while I was just sound trippin'. Yeah, I brought my Disc man and a PC speaker. After lunch, we just took a short rest and went to the shore. The whole afternoon we were just there in the shore. Eating whatever comes along. I love the fish crackers. We were soaking under the sun while taking a dip on the water once in a while. We were chit chatting most of the time. Everything is cool. Walang nagmamadali, walang rush, everything is just on a slow phase. Vacation nga e so kailangan mag relax! At one point we were able to get a picture with a rainbow I our background. Amazing! The water was so clear that I enjoyed it so much. We were there until sunset. Syempre kainan na ulit. After dinner, we set the table for a card game and while playing we started drinking. I don’t want to play, so I just plug in the sounds. At around 8 we headed out for the shore again, this time with our drinks. Yeah! Inuman sa beach, as in sa shore. Peachy and Aubrey brought along their Malong's as mat so we could lay on the sand. Grabe! Sarap ng feeling, drinking under the stars, beside the shore. Afterwards, we decided to walk along the shore and found our selves in front of this bar. Coco Aroma. The BBQ grill caught our attention so we got inside and ordered something. There was a stage in front were someone is playing an acoustic set. The band is good. People there are invited to sing and play because its an open mic night. After an hour of watching, kulitan, inuman, picturan, Eric challenged me to play, which I obliged right there and then. We ended up at two am. I played and luckily I did not suck!
Day one
Friday. As our boat dock on the shore, a middle aged woman greeted my friends girlfriend. It was about the place we are going to stay. It was like 200 meters away from the shore. The place was nice, 2 queen size beds one large sleeping mat. Cable t.v., ref., air condition, own bathroom. And of course a kitchen outside. Actually the kitchen can be shared by the other tenants but we were the only ones there. The charge P1200.00 a night. So for three days and two nights, it’s a whooping P2400.00 only. From 8 to 11 am we just unpacked our things and watched TV to get some rest. I remember we were watching 50 first dates on HBO. The only thing that stop us is the idea that we are in Puerto Galera and I’m hungry! Eric cooked lunch while I was just sound trippin'. Yeah, I brought my Disc man and a PC speaker. After lunch, we just took a short rest and went to the shore. The whole afternoon we were just there in the shore. Eating whatever comes along. I love the fish crackers. We were soaking under the sun while taking a dip on the water once in a while. We were chit chatting most of the time. Everything is cool. Walang nagmamadali, walang rush, everything is just on a slow phase. Vacation nga e so kailangan mag relax! At one point we were able to get a picture with a rainbow I our background. Amazing! The water was so clear that I enjoyed it so much. We were there until sunset. Syempre kainan na ulit. After dinner, we set the table for a card game and while playing we started drinking. I don’t want to play, so I just plug in the sounds. At around 8 we headed out for the shore again, this time with our drinks. Yeah! Inuman sa beach, as in sa shore. Peachy and Aubrey brought along their Malong's as mat so we could lay on the sand. Grabe! Sarap ng feeling, drinking under the stars, beside the shore. Afterwards, we decided to walk along the shore and found our selves in front of this bar. Coco Aroma. The BBQ grill caught our attention so we got inside and ordered something. There was a stage in front were someone is playing an acoustic set. The band is good. People there are invited to sing and play because its an open mic night. After an hour of watching, kulitan, inuman, picturan, Eric challenged me to play, which I obliged right there and then. We ended up at two am. I played and luckily I did not suck!
...next day two.
No comments:
Post a Comment